2 September 2005
Nikon D 70 ©
We hiked Yamnuska Ridge, it was a lovely 12 degrees Celsius day. It took us about 4 hours, because their were beautiful wildflowers, which we took photos of. I didn't know it at the time but I was starting to get a cold, so I was a bit out of breath. There were a few other people but not too many, because it was a Friday. It is very poplar for climbers, but I think they use an alternate route.
"Mount Yamnuska (Mount Laurie) is a dramatic limestone uplift located at the eastern edge of the Rocky Mountains east of Canmore, and across the Bow River from Seebe just off of the Trans Canada Highway. The south face of the mountain is vertical, overhanging in places, and approximately 350 m high and 2 km wide. It is the prime rock climbing destination for the Calgary area.



